My passion is to provide a safe nurturing environment where children are encouraged to explore, discover and play. My commitment to providing personalized attention coupled with the adoration I have for young children, is reflected by the tender way in which I interact with them. Discussing their ideas, embracing their individuality and becoming in tune with their emotions is second nature to me. I take advantage of opportunities to model what it is to be kind, to care about others and respect our environment. I feel that when a child is given opportunities to make decisions and we as adults not only respect their decisions, but also guide and assist, children develop the self-efficacy that empowers them to become leaders. My study of child development has taught me that children develop and learn at their own unique pace, surrounded by family, culture and community. With that in mind, I have designed an early learning environment that infuses the warm nurturing characteristics of home with developmentally appropriate equipment and activities to enhance the learning experiences that contribute to academic achievement.
License, training and verification documents
- Completed multiple courses of Early Childhood Education at the college level some of which include The Observation, Assessment, Curriculum and Guidance of Young Children as well as Students with Disabilities in School.
- Achieved academic honors at Triton College
- Completed a 12 week professional development workshop at the Chicago Women’s Business Development Center
- As an active member of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, I participate in forums and attend conferences and annual workshops to remain current on developments in the field of Early Childhood Education
- Achieved Early Childhood Education credentials from Illinois Gateways to Opportunity, an Illinois professional development system
- Member of the Joliet Chamber of Commerce
- Certified in First Aid, CPR and AED
- Food Handler Certification